Posted to rec.woodworking
Rick's Cabinet Shop Rick's Cabinet Shop is offline

Default edge straightening jig

I do exactly the same thing, it's quick and gets the job done with no jig to
hang up. It will get you close enough to straight that your jointer can do
the rest.

--
Rick Nagy
3024 Somerset Pike

..

Remove nospam to email me

Be sure to check out my website at
http://www.rickscabinetshop.com
"Burgy" wrote in message
.. .
I have an old aluminum straight-edge a little over 8 ft. long.It comes
apart in the middle, so if I need a short rip I only use half. I drilled
some small holes in the guide and just screw it to the board with small
screws, with the edge overhanging the board to serve as a straight guide
against the fence.I then have a straight edge to saw the board to width and
straighten the other edge.Crude, but works for me..on any with up to the
limits of your saw.

"eganders" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am going to build a jig to hold a board so that a straight edge can
be put on one edge of the board by passing the board clamped to the jig
across a tablesaw. Here is the approach I plan to use:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...hteningjig.jpg

Basically, I want to hold the board with as short a jig as possible.
Right now it is 8 ft long. I want to put a straight edge on boards up
to 8 ft long, but I don't think I need an 8ft jig. Just would like any
suggestions for modifying what I have so far.

Ideas anyone?