Posted to rec.woodworking
Burgy Burgy is offline

Default edge straightening jig

I have an old aluminum straight-edge a little over 8 ft. long.It comes apart
in the middle, so if I need a short rip I only use half. I drilled some
small holes in the guide and just screw it to the board with small screws,
with the edge overhanging the board to serve as a straight guide against the
fence.I then have a straight edge to saw the board to width and straighten
the other edge.Crude, but works for me..on any with up to the limits of your
saw.

"eganders" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am going to build a jig to hold a board so that a straight edge can
be put on one edge of the board by passing the board clamped to the jig
across a tablesaw. Here is the approach I plan to use:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...hteningjig.jpg

Basically, I want to hold the board with as short a jig as possible.
Right now it is 8 ft long. I want to put a straight edge on boards up
to 8 ft long, but I don't think I need an 8ft jig. Just would like any
suggestions for modifying what I have so far.

Ideas anyone?