Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] marks542004@yahoo.com is offline

Default MUD IN Swimming pool

Don Phillipson wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

I recently had a mudside in my yard and the mud travelled into my vinyl
liner swimming pool. The mud has turned the water into a deep brown
sort of like a mud pie. I left the filter running all night and
backwashed it this morning what came out was brown water. I tried
vaccuming but its very ineffective because I cannot see the bottom of
the pool. Are there any suggestions? Thankyou in advance.

1. Buy a Kreepy Krauler and let it vacuum the
pool for hours and hours, backwashing from time
to time to clean the filter. . . .
2. Get expert advice if your pool store is truly
expert. When I had a nonidentical but similar
problem the advice was to reduce pH levels to
5, vacuum intensively, then rebalance pH later.
It worked, and I was pleased by the KK as well.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

if there is a lot of solid paticles in the water a vacuum with cloth
filter bag will help considerably. It will take out the big particles
and save your filter from a lot of work.