Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Worst POS Tool You Ever Bought

"Whatmeworry" wrote in message
news:8ysYg.4151$gM1.603@fed1read12...
George Max wrote:
On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 12:16:24 -0500, "Morris Dovey"
wrote:

When I lived in upstate NY, there was an outfit that sold 88-cent hand
tools. Thrifty me - I bought the 88-cent claw hammer that lost a claw
to the first nail that I tried to pull (10d as I recall). I pulled the
nail with a pair of pliars and a block of wood. Then when I tried to
re-nail the piece, the handle broke about 3" from the head.

I don't think I ever returned.

How hard is it to make a hammer? One might think this is one of the
most screw up proof tools. I stand corrected.

Probably a junk pot metal casting from china

This is why the Army pays 600 bucks for hammer. Not because it's 600 bucks
worth of tool but because it takes 600 bucks worth of tests to make sure
that they haven't been ripped off by the lowest bidder.