Posted to uk.d-i-y
hzatph hzatph is offline

Default Stuck drain cock

Sounds like you need something like a water key but with a smaller end bit
.

That sounds like it - it is bigger than for a radiator bleed key.

...I was wondering if you can get a socket on to it,maybe a double hexagon
one
would fit and use an extension or more likely two extensions .Do you or
neighbour or friend,relative have an socket set .Car mechanics or folk who
do
their own car maintenance have them usually .

Stuart .

Tried a socket set - could not find one that gripped - they were either too
small or too loose.

A small adjustable may work - will ask around the neighbours. If I can get a
grip in the confined space I am fairly sure that I could get some leverage
on it.

The idea of handles from other fittings is interesting. Will have a look as
a couple of ideas come to mind.

Please keep the ideas flowing.