Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Manufacturer questions I always wanted answered

wrote:

I always wanted the following questions answered but never thought of
asking them:

6)I noticed many JVC products have Panasonic parts what is the
relationship?

Panasonic is a JVC trade name. They're quite good parts actually.

7)Who invented VHS? Panasonic or JVC? or is it that JVC invented the
tape and Panasonic the machine?

See above. JVC. Japan Victor Corporation.

8)Why don't manufacturers in USA & Canada provide a large full page
schematic of their tv's & vcr's included in the owner's manual like
many parts of the world?.

I've *never* see a schematic in an owner's manual ever !

Graham