Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Inty \(BHO!\) Inty \(BHO!\) is offline

Default Manufacturer questions I always wanted answered

ha scritto nel messaggio
oups.com...
I always wanted the following questions answered but never thought of
asking them:

1)Is Sharp Malaysian or Japanese? as most otheir products always said
"made in Malaysia"

Japanese, but has factories everywhere, like Sony and many other brands.
Today some Sharps are made in Turkey by Vestel (quality dropped)

2)Why did Sony,RCA and Zenith tv quality dropped dramatically since
around 1990-3?

Zenith went in bankrupt around 1993-1994. Zeniths after this year are trash
bins ()

3)When the owner of Sony died around 1990-3 why did the accountant get
the corporation?

BOH

4)Why did the law in USA for manufacturers (any kind not just

I'm italian and i don't know USA laws. Here in italy there's a two-year
warranty for everything electronic.

5)Why did LG Goldstar decide to place Zenith crt's in many Goldstar
tv's since they bought Zenith from bankruptsy in 1996 or so?

I don't know if Zenith ever made C.R.T.s. ..

6)I noticed many JVC products have Panasonic parts what is the
relationship?

I don't know

7)Who invented VHS? Panasonic or JVC? or is it that JVC invented the
tape and Panasonic the machine?

The first VHS was from Matsu****a Electric and sold under Panasonic and
National brands. Maybe sold under JVC too

8)Why don't manufacturers in USA & Canada provide a large full page
schematic of their tv's & vcr's included in the owner's manual like
many parts of the world?.

Ahem.. we have the same problem here in Italy.
In past times schematics were complete and with a lot of explanations. Now
there are only schematics without explanations, or, no schematics!
Some times schematics cant' be found in Internet, and we don't have
schematics (grr)

http://groups.google.com/group/hfx.f...696 fbf04837f
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/May02/May18.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/SonyAudMod.html