Posted to rec.woodworking
R. Pierce Butler R. Pierce Butler is offline

Default Oak or ash band saw curves more easily?

"Tim" wrote in :

... unless they're so pronounced as to require that much work. In that
case, you need a better bandsaw?

Use the widest possible blade will follow the curve on your bandsaw and
you'll have fewer marks to remove.

Well, actually what seems to happen is that every now and then it binds on
the curve and leaves a mark that is hard to get out. If I had more power I
expect it wouldn't bind like that; but since that's not an option... I was
actually going to try it with a 1/4" blade thinking it would be less likely
to bind.

There is a limit to the radius your can cut with a given blade width. The
narrower the blade the tighter the curve.