Posted to alt.home.repair
Todd H. Todd H. is offline

Default Looking for a kitchen sink..."Hi-Lo"?

"Ubin" writes:

We would like to replace our kitchen sink( standard double bowl" with
another with the over set type with one large bowl and one small bowl for
the disposer.
I have heard the called "hi-Lo's but wonder if there is a more common name.
Considering stainless or perhaps one of the granite composites.
Any links to online outlets for such?

High/low is the most common I see, but you'll miss options searching
for just that. Just look for double bowl sinks and you'll find a lot
of variations.

Now, I used to have a symetric double bowl sink, and thought the idea
of one huge bowl and a smaller bowl with the disposer would be great.

That was until I bought a house with such an arrangement. I didn't
care for it.

The large sink was so damned big I felt guilty and impatient filling
it with water. The small bowl was too small to put any dishes in,
and... here's the thing, I want my disposer under a bowl where I'm
washin crap off the dishes. If the bowl's too small, what's the
point--I was always having to clean the cruft out of the big bowl
where I did all thework and had to install a strainer, etc.

I'm back to symmetric double bowl now, and owing to waste pipe height
in my conversion to undermount sinks, I have even forgone the
disposer.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/