Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning
George George is offline

Default Review Update: Delta 16" VS Lathe - PM/Jet VFD Info (long)

"DGG" wrote in message
SNIP
And if the bowl were much deeper, it would be less
useful. I would have preferred two interior curls, one large, one
small, as I still use a straight rest on the exterior, but that's my
preference.

They make a sturdy extension if you want to drop the cash. Lots more reach
available than most would feel comfortable with, but necessary on my old
Delta to reach around a bowl. You're right, though, no need for an
"exterior" curve. Straight rest can be brought in easily for average close.
http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...Anch=imgAnch27

Here's the rest I have, and I love it.

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cg...n&key=108-0200