Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Oak or ash band saw curves more easily?

Tim wrote:

I have, and have tried to use, a Rigid oscillating drum sander
(actually my shaft is bent (yeah, it hurts...) and I can't get the
belt sander off, but its still about the same thing) but I can't
get a smooth surface on it. Either peaks are left, or valley are
sanded in.
I was kinda hoping the template guide would make all well.

You want a uniform thickness, no? Make/use a gizmo like you would on
the bandsaw for maintaining a uniform thickness when cutting curves.
Like a fence but only one point of contact...perpendicular to what a
fence would normally be and with a rounded edge...

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...