Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Worst POS Tool You Ever Bought

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 17:16:12 GMT, Doug Miller wrote:

In article om,
says...

Craftsman 9" disk / 6" belt sander. The belt never did track quite
straight -- even the tiniest tweak to the tracking adjustment would send
the belt skidding off to one side or the other, and it took only a few
seconds for it to cut completely through the *plastic* dust-collection
port when it did. Plus it was noisy as hell.

Kind of funny... my brother has that same machine and it's been nothing but
trouble, but I bought the same machine at Harbor Fright on sale for 1/2 the cost
of his Crapman WITH a stand and it's been a great work horse for almost 5 years
now...
You just never know what you're going to get, I guess..
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis