Posted to misc.consumers.house
Robin Robin is offline

Default our SEARS Home Improvement/Heating and Cooling experience

I got this same quote too! It was ridiculous. I feel quite insulted when I
get quotes like that... to the point where I'm immediatedly turned off to
the business (Sears) trying to sell it to me.

I ended up refinishing the cabinets myself (since they were plywood). I
sandpapered them, prepped the wood with Kilz, painted the cabinets, and put
in new shelves. I replaced the old fake wood (plastic) doors with custom
made wooden ones ordered through Home Depot and I bought the hardware on
Ebay. The entire job came to around $1000.

Robin

"ToMh" wrote in message
ps.com...

Sorry about your experience. Why anybody buys home improvemnet services
through Sears is beyond me. All they do is sub contract it all out and
add a hefty premium for the honor of doing business with Sears. Friends
of our had a Sears guy give an estimate for refinishing their kitchen
cabinets. $10,000. Unbelievable.

-Tom