Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default edge straightening jig

"eganders" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am going to build a jig to hold a board so that a straight edge can
be put on one edge of the board by passing the board clamped to the jig
across a tablesaw. Here is the approach I plan to use:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...hteningjig.jpg

Basically, I want to hold the board with as short a jig as possible.
Right now it is 8 ft long. I want to put a straight edge on boards up
to 8 ft long, but I don't think I need an 8ft jig. Just would like any
suggestions for modifying what I have so far.

Ideas anyone?

In addition to building it long, forget the slot for the toggle clamps.
Make the jig wider and screw the clamps down to the location that they work
best for different width boards.