Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Cleaning Paint Rollers

In article , aspasia wrote:

And what do you think the toxic stuff in the landfill does?
Just sit there? Or leach into ground water? Those plastic
liners are good for exactly zilch in the long haul.

In a properly built landfill, yes, it does just sit there, and does not leach
into groundwater -- and if you think municipal landfills have only a plastic
liner to protect the groundwater, you maybe ought to learn a bit more.
[snip]

Better to do as some have suggested -- and which happens to be
my own practice -- wrap them tightly in plastic so they can be used
again on the same job.

That's what I do, too -- but once the job is done, I get as much paint as I
can out of the roller cover and back into the paint can, and then the roller
cover goes straight into the trash.

When it comes time to dispose of rollers,take them to a toxic
substances disposal site,

For latex paint???? ROTFLMAO!!

--
Regards,