Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] jimmy@the.shoppe is offline

Default Worst POS Tool You Ever Bought

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 17:16:12 GMT, Doug Miller wrote:

In article om,
says...

Craftsman 9" disk / 6" belt sander. The belt never did track quite
straight -- even the tiniest tweak to the tracking adjustment would send
the belt skidding off to one side or the other, and it took only a few
seconds for it to cut completely through the *plastic* dust-collection
port when it did. Plus it was noisy as hell.

LOL!
I had the same nasty tool. it was complete crap.
I think the only tool I ever bought from Sears that I wasn't disappointed with
was my first Radial Arm Saw. That was a nice tool. Well except for that nasty
planning accessory that nearly broke my fingers.
I loved the 10 inch sanding disk though.