Posted to alt.home.repair
trbo20 trbo20 is offline

Default Cleaning Paint Rollers

Paul wrote:
I have been remodeling most of my house, and whenever I am rolling on
interior paint I always get bits of roller in the paint. It is
rididulously frustrating to see a dry wall with little fibers sticking
out of it. I have switched to a nicer roller since, but it leaves a
different texture (if you look at it closely). Any suggestions for the
best roller out there to use??? And is the more efficient way to
cleaning it other than hot water and 15 minutes??

Paul

Vacuum cleaner or a spinner for the fuzz. As everyone else said,
buying a decent roller cover prevents shedding and always use the
minimal necessary nap thickness for your surface.

I clean rollers not to save money, but to make sure I have one around
next time I need it. The best trick I know of for rollers is to scrape
the majority of the paint back into the can with a stir stick or 5 in 1
tool and fill a bucket with water. Fill with bucket with water and
submerge the roller in it. Shake it around under water, dump the
bucket, and refill it. It usually takes me around 4 fills to get it
completely clean. You know you're done when the water stays clear.
If you do it this way, the roller will dry soft and with no stiff paint
residue.