Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Cleaning Paint Rollers

"Paul" wrote in message
ps.com...
I have been remodeling most of my house, and whenever I am rolling on
interior paint I always get bits of roller in the paint. It is
rididulously frustrating to see a dry wall with little fibers sticking
out of it. I have switched to a nicer roller since, but it leaves a
different texture (if you look at it closely). Any suggestions for the
best roller out there to use??? And is the more efficient way to
cleaning it other than hot water and 15 minutes??

I start cleaning rollers in the laundry tub. Run the water and roll the
roller back and forth in it till a goodly portion of the paint is gone.
Then I screw it onto a 6 foot extension handle and take it out onto
the lawn. I used a hose nozzle adjusted to a powerful blast to wash
and spin the roller. At first, I hit the roller fairly directly so it spins
slowly, sweeping the water back and forth across the roller. Tip the
roller so it doesn't spray you. As it gets cleaner, move the water spray
to hit the roller on the edge so it spins very fast. When it's all clean,
spin it very fast and remove the water quickly so it spins dry.

I never have problems with rollers I clean this way.

Bob