Posted to alt.home.repair
Walter R. Walter R. is offline

Default Cleaning Paint Rollers

I never clean roller covers.

Just finished painting my 3,200 sqft house with a manual roller. Took me two
weeks, part time, including preparation. I used one roller frame and cover.
When stopping work for any length of time, or overnite, I soaked the roller
in paint and wrapped the roller and frame tightly in a grocery type plastic
bag.

This keeps the roller wet and workable for at least 3 days. After I
finished painting the house, I threw away the roller cover. No cleanup.
--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"Paul" wrote in message
ps.com...
I have been remodeling most of my house, and whenever I am rolling on
interior paint I always get bits of roller in the paint. It is
rididulously frustrating to see a dry wall with little fibers sticking
out of it. I have switched to a nicer roller since, but it leaves a
different texture (if you look at it closely). Any suggestions for the
best roller out there to use??? And is the more efficient way to
cleaning it other than hot water and 15 minutes??

Paul