Posted to alt.home.repair
jeffc jeffc is offline

Default Cleaning Paint Rollers

"Paul" wrote in message
ps.com...
I have been remodeling most of my house, and whenever I am rolling on
interior paint I always get bits of roller in the paint. It is
rididulously frustrating to see a dry wall with little fibers sticking
out of it. I have switched to a nicer roller since, but it leaves a
different texture (if you look at it closely). Any suggestions for the
best roller out there to use??? And is the more efficient way to
cleaning it other than hot water and 15 minutes??

Use a woven roller, not a knit one. Also make sure it has beveled edges.
Purdy White Dove is a good quality roller.

Do not clean rollers. Simply roll them up in plastic wrap and throw them
away. If you intend to use it over a period of a few days, then roll it up
well in plastic wrap and leave it in the refrigerator over night. Some
people skimp on rollers, and then to add to that go to the trouble of
cleaning them. If you think about this in the grand scheme of things, this
is a waste of time. 15 minutes of your time is ridiculous for a $3 roller
(Purdy), let alone the cheap one you're using now. It's better for the
environment to throw them away without cleaning too.