Posted to alt.home.repair
J.A. Michel J.A. Michel is offline

Default Converting 2 Garage Doors into 1 Door??

Unless you got money to burn, it ain't worth it. There are many benefits to
having a pair of 9x7 doors vs. one 16 foot door. As others mentioned, your
headers above the current doors would have to be reworked. Plus the new
opening would be too big for a standard 16 foot door. You could get a
bigger door to fit it, but that will cost you big time.

"Mikelly" wrote in message
ups.com...
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to convert a 2 car garage with 2
seperate doors into 1 big door. I understand that it depends on the
center post and if it is structural support or just cosmetic, which I
still need to find out. Assuming that it is cosmetic and can be
removed, what other factors need to be considered and does anyone have
any experience with this and can give me an estimate cost for a project
like this?

Thanks
Mike