Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Worst POS Tool You Ever Bought

wrote:
dpb wrote:
wrote:

Was the particular paint actually rated for spray application and if
so, were airless sprayers recommended? Quite a few latex paints,
particularly are not intended for spray application and some, even if
are approved, have pretty specific requirements for suitable sprayers.
That said, there are reasons why inexpensive tools are so...

The paint can said it may be thinned to a certain ratio for spray
application, which I did. ...

Well, it was a thought and something I had run into previously. ...

Someone gave me great advice today: Rent a professional sprayer from my
local rental center. Sounds like a great idea and that's my next move.

For one-time if the rates aren't exorbitant or the required time is
short enough, not a bad idea for sure. It seems like quite often what
looks like a good reason for renting ends up costing me most of what I
could have bought the thing for--and I don't have one, either...
But, you can probably rent a really good unit for the cost of one of
the lower-end Grayco and if you reallly don't have any further need no
real loss and it's one less thing to store until you do.

With the deck and railing just be sure you've protected against the
overspray problem adequately...