Posted to rec.woodworking
Robert Haar Robert Haar is offline

Default Worst POS Tool You Ever Bought

On 2006/10/12 2:49 PM, "
wrote:

Never tried any Wagner. I've borrowed a professional ($800) paint
sprayer from a neighbor, and it works GREAT.

My vote: A cheap Sears router (1/2 or 3/4 HP) from the early 90s.
Height adjustment is done with a plastic ring that's clamped onto the
base, and goes all the way around the motor. The motor itself is in a
plastic housing, and has a spiral plastic thread that engages the
height adjustment ring - or not, depending on the phase of the moon.
And the height adjustment ring isn't tight, so it spins around by
itself. All this gives rise to ...

ARHA - a feature available only on Sears routers:

Automatic
Random
Height
Adjust

Don't forget that collet that either releases the bit while you are routing
or seizes up you have rap the bit with a hammer to loosen it.