Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] shinola9@yahoo.com is offline

Default Worst POS Tool You Ever Bought

dpb wrote:
wrote:

Was the particular paint actually rated for spray application and if
so, were airless sprayers recommended? Quite a few latex paints,
particularly are not intended for spray application and some, even if
are approved, have pretty specific requirements for suitable sprayers.
That said, there are reasons why inexpensive tools are so...

The paint can said it may be thinned to a certain ratio for spray
application, which I did. I followed Wagner's (very feeble) directions
to the tee.

Sometimes I'll buy a cheap tool if I'm not sure how much I'm actually
going to use it. If I find that I use the tool a lot and it's worth
upgrading, I'll buy a better version. This has worked out well for me
in most instances. I bought the Wagner (cheap) because I knew we are at
the very end of a major remodel. Most of the painting is done, except
for the damned extensive deck railing. This will have been my only use
for the tool and I would have been happy to shell out the money if the
tool worked at all. It did not. Lesson learned.

Someone gave me great advice today: Rent a professional sprayer from my
local rental center. Sounds like a great idea and that's my next move.

Thanks,
Chuck