Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.bicycles.tech
Jasper Janssen Jasper Janssen is offline

Default silicone adhesive as electrical insulation?

On 10 Oct 2006 10:33:21 -0700, wrote:

Leads from the cateye enduro's cyclocomputer body snapped off during
an accident.

I tried soldering the new length of magnet pickup wires following the
epoxy? block covering the pickup's connection pins molded into the
computer's bar mount AND then Gooping the wire's solder connections
to the bar mount at the epoxy block

My old Mity at one point had too short wires, so I lengthened them simply
by soldering onto the terminals of the bar mount, and then I stuck
silicone sealant in there. Worked perfectly for a long time. The silicone
eventually started to come loose from the bar mount as a little block,
though, rather than staying put.

Jasper