Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] jimmy@the.shoppe is offline

Default Worst POS Tool You Ever Bought

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 14:14:51 -0400, "gw" wrote:

wrote in message
ups.com...
Here's my vote: ANY Wagner homeowner's paint sprayer.

Must be the new stuff. I have 2 Power Painters that work great. Painted 2
houses and stained another one with them. Had to thin latex some, but not a
whole lot. Did you thin with Floetrol?

My worst purchase was a DeWalt jigsaw. To replace my old (back when they
weren't crap) B&D jigsaw. Completely useless.

Years ago I bought a BIG top of the line Craftsman jigsaw that was absolute
crap. It vibrated so badly it was useless, and kept shearing off a tiny pin
inside that kept the head connected to the motor . It was HUGE but just like
using a $29 cheapie.
Then a couple years ago I decided to buy a Craftsman belt sander. It's useless
with course 50-80 grit paper because it won't track them once they contact to
wood and runs the paper into the housing chewing it up.
Never again...

Bought the Mastercrap Spinsaw, thought it might be handy cutting electrical box
holes in plywood that went back a day later.

Start a cut, the blade jams in
the wood, and the saw reciprocates up and down on the wood. Yes, I tried
different blades. Solved it with a Bosch. Next in line would be the Delta 9"
bandsaw.

My Bosch jigsaw is one of the best tools I've ever bought.