Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] shinola9@yahoo.com is offline

Default Worst POS Tool You Ever Bought

Here's my vote: ANY Wagner homeowner's paint sprayer. I bought the
expensive one (The Paint Crew) first and then tried the $100 "Wide
Shot". The sales help in the BORGs know nothing about any of these
products, because, they tell me that Wagner has no reps and nobody to
demonstrate or teach the products to them.

The Owner's Manuals are disgustingly bad but I followed the directions
to the best of my ability. I thinned the (latex) paint to the maximum
allowed by the manufacturer. I strained the paint through a paint
strainer, all just like they said.

First of all "The Paint Crew" couldn't pump the paint at all. Even when
it was thinned per manufacturer's specs. I continued to thin until the
unit could actually pump but by that time, it was so thin that it just
ran right off the work piece. Brought that one back. Got the "Wide
Shot".

This one actually worked with the thinned and strained paint - for
about ten minutes until the first clog. Cleaned out the pickup tube and
got 5 more minutes till the next clog. Cleaned again, got 2 more
minutes. Thoroughly cleaned entire gun of all paint and started up
again. Got 5 more minutes before it clogged again. Gave up, and
returned this POS to the store. They didn't even bother to ask what was
wrong, they just gave me the refund. I am sure these units will be
repackaged and back on a shelf near you within a month. Never Wagner,
ever again!

Chuck