Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham Graham is offline

Default Mineral Insulated Copper-Sheathed Cable

Have power to my Triton T80si fed through Mineral Insulated
Copper-Sheathed cable, some 8 metres from fuse box. This was installed
prior to buying the flat last year. After some redecoration work and
removing old hot air (no longer used )central heating ducting I now
find myself with surplus cabling that needs re-routing and shortening
by approx. 1 metre.
Problems would like help on are :
1. If I cut the cable to shorten it, how do I fit a new new seal and
where do I buy from?
2. Is it a DIY job or is a professional electrician needed?
3. Might it be OK just to loop part of the excess cable in a ducting
void and keep the original seal in tact? I would need to bore larger
holes (12mm min) in the thermalite walls for the re-routing.
4. If decide to get rid of shower all together and install one to run
off the combi-boiler, can I easily remove the entire cabling from the
fuse box?
Thank you in advance for any help with the above.