Posted to alt.home.repair
George E. Cawthon George E. Cawthon is offline

Default PCV vs. metal traps

Eigenvector wrote:
Generally speaking, which is a better long term investment, a non-corrodable
metal P-trap or a PVC P-trap? I thought I heard someone mention how PVC was
prone to clogging.

There is no reason that PVC would be prone to
clogging, in fact, the smoother surface makes it
less likely to clog. PVC doesn't corrode, is
cheap, and easy to install. They only minus is
that the nuts sometimes split, but replacement is
generally simple and quick. Does metal have any
benefit over PVC? Maybe appearance when exposed.