Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default How do I remove this shelf in my closet??

David Nebenzahl wrote:
emaalyon spake thus:

Hi we just bought a new home and don't like the organization in our
master closet. I am trying to remove the shelves so I lower them and
then add another shelving system up above. I have already removed the
brackets and clothes hanging bar. The shelf is nailed down to a support
piece of wood. I am trying to get this done before my husband gets home
so he doesn't get after me for starting it. How do I remove the
shelf without messing it or the closet walls up??? Thanks!

Hit the shelf with a hammer from below near the edges where it's nailed
to the support.

And, to avoid marring the bottom of the shelf, place a piece of wood (or
even a junk paperback book) between the shelf and the hammer.

HTH,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia