Posted to rec.woodworking
eAlexandria eAlexandria is offline

Default Elmers Ultimate Glue or Gorilla Glue - TIA

What I use to remove excess glue from corners is just a scraper
designed to get into corners (They are usually are available in sets
at most hardware and paint stores) being metal they are easy to clean
off. If you have any excess that squeezed between the scraper and
wood, try wrapping a solvent dampened rag around the scrapper and
scrub a little.

Hope this helps

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 09:21:30 -0500, "Dr. Deb"
wrote:

Happiness is wrote:

I have been using Elmers Ultimate glue on a project and I have found it
expands and leaves nasty glue marks on the outside of the finish project
that I have been sanding off.

In very tight corners it is most nearly impossible to sand, especially
across the grain.

With the old Elmers wood glue or white glue. I used to wipe it down with
water and that would remove most, if not all of the glue so sanding would
not be a problem and the wood would take a nice stain.

Is there a way one can prevent or easily remove the extra residue of
Ultimate glue or gorilla glue before it dries so I don't have the problems
of sanding in tight corners?

Does anyone have any special tricks up their proverbial sleeves?

Thanks,

Larry

As for polyurethane glue - tried it (naive enough to believe the ads).
Found it seriously wanting, especially in outdoor usages. For

For my money, its TiteBond III for external usages and plastic resin glue
for things that need a long open time. (Saw David Marks use a lot of
plastic resin glue, now I know why)

To date, I have not been disappointed in either. Also, both are much easier
to clean up.