Posted to alt.home.repair

Default spot weed killer?

I agree with Ether. Using a 2 gallon sprayer, you just walk the lawn
and deliver a spot treatment of an appropriate weedkiller directly to
the weeds. Much more effective than the weed n feed type products.
And much better for the environment, because you only use a small
fraction of the herbicide and deliver it where it works.

For most broadleaf weeds, a product like Weed B Gone is what you want
to use. There are other products that will also kill the weed, but not
the grass, but are targeted more for weeds that are tougher to control.

Only an imbecile would use WD-40 or gas on a lawn, which leads me to
believe the OP is a troll.