Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Default Dad's And DIY dont mix

cuppycake wrote:
My dad always wants to fix things around the house but he really is bad
at it. Do anyone have any tips on how i cant stop him killing my house?

Give him a roll of duct tape and tell him to go into the corner and
play ....

Seriously, give the guy something to do. Why not see if there's a
Habitat for Humanity chapter in your town and sign him up. It'll give
him something to do, they might teach him a thing or two, and you can
go with him and "bond". Then he's tired and has had his fill of
tinkering. It's a win-win.

It there's not Habitat, maybe a Youth Center or Senior Center needs a
handiman.