Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod LRod is offline

Default Odd Plug on Radial arm saw

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 01:37:23 GMT, Nova wrote:

wrote:

The saw has a plug that has two flat terminals not parallal. Is this a
220?

My guess would be that its a "NEMA 6-20P" 20 amp plug. The terminals
are at a right angle to each other to prevent plugging the saw into a 15
amp outlet.

But it could also be a "NEMA 5-20P" 20 amp plug, which has the
opposite blades at right angles, and for the same reason.

Doug's right, the answer to what SHOULD be there is on the motor
plate. But I would also point out that if it's a convertible
(120/240V) motor, I would look in the junction box on the motor to see
which it's wired for.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.