Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default I hate cockroaches!!!

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 12:39:00 GMT, Phisherman wrote:

I live in an area where cockroaches are a way of life. I put out
fresh roach traps 3 times a year. Yesterday I saw a live cockroach in
the attic, yet there is no food there. I know if you see one there are
many more which gives me the creeps. Also there are roaches on the
deck. Last week I sprayed around the foundation perimeter--mainly to
keep out spiders and ladybugs that invade every fall. I know the
sonic devices are a hoax. Can anyone tell me the best way to minimize
having cockroaches? I keep a very clean house. I have a container of
the fine boric acid (blue) powder--what's the best way to apply it?
What is the best brand of roach traps? I have no children/pets. TIA

I use the boric acid (yellow bottle HD). I have a duster like my
grandfather used to "dust plants". Just enough of a cloud to settle.
It kills roaches and I watch them dry up one at a time. I use it in
areas that I see a roach. Rain will have an adverse affect on this.

I recently read about "agricultural grade" diatomaceous earth, This is
natural and not processed (not pool grade). When creatures like a
roach walk on it they are cut to pieces (microscopic fossils). It is
safe to eat an will not harm anything, being natural - (not the
processed). Farmers will have or know about it. It is feed to
livestock.

"agricultural grade" diatomaceous earth can be dampened and brushed on
from what I read. When it dries it will have the same affect.
--
Oren