Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default WD-40 & Silicone Spray. When is one better over the other?

In article , Richard J Kinch wrote:
Doug Miller writes:

Linseed, tung, etc.

Yes, some *are* drying oils, as I clearly acknowledged -- but most are
not, e.g. corn, soybean, canola, etc.

Of your examples, only canola is non-drying.

I didn't say that any of them were non-drying -- I said they are not drying,
which encompasses non-drying *and* semi-drying. As you say...

Drying vs non-drying is not a neat distinction.

I was responding to a post that implied that "vegetable oil" and "drying oil"
were equivalent, which is absolutely not the case.

--
Regards,