Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jah213@gmail.com is offline

Default I hate cockroaches!!!

I would add just one thing, which is to make certain what you are
seeing on your deck are definitely cockroaches. Where I live, this is
the time of year for box elder bugs to begin congregating.
http://www.pestcontrolcanada.com/INS...elder_bugs.htm

They are really not very similar, but I have had a surprising number of
people inform me that they saw "swarms of roaches" on their houses when
what they saw were box elder bugs, or identify a stray box elder bug
inside as a roach.

Jo Ann

Phisherman wrote:
I live in an area where cockroaches are a way of life. I put out
fresh roach traps 3 times a year. Yesterday I saw a live cockroach in
the attic, yet there is no food there. I know if you see one there are
many more which gives me the creeps. Also there are roaches on the
deck. Last week I sprayed around the foundation perimeter--mainly to
keep out spiders and ladybugs that invade every fall. I know the
sonic devices are a hoax. Can anyone tell me the best way to minimize
having cockroaches? I keep a very clean house. I have a container of
the fine boric acid (blue) powder--what's the best way to apply it?
What is the best brand of roach traps? I have no children/pets. TIA