Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Friesen Chris Friesen is offline

Default Has Biesemeyer gone completely to hell?

Jane & David wrote:

If Biesemeyer has gone to hell, who makes the best Bies-clone fence
these days? By best I mean strong, straight, square, able to hold
alignment. Maybe General has kept up the Biesemeyer tradition. Anyone
have recent experience with Bies clones?

I've got the General version (came on my saw).

Like the Bies, there are two sizes, the "home" and the "commercial". As
you can imagine, the home version is a little smaller (this is what
comes on their contractor and hybrid saws). I have the commercial version.

The fence locks solidly. When sliding it back and forth it can angle
slightly--some of the other clones have plastic spacers between them and
the saw so they slide a bit easier. The other thing that might be nice
is a red hairline on the cursor--as it is, it's just a raised line on
the plastic. Works fine, but a red line might be a bit easier to see.

Chris