Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Jim is offline

Default Slightly off topic.

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
.uk...
Jim wrote:
"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
.uk...
I've constantly aquired the medical term(floaters) these floaters
have been
with me over a couple of years but on a less frequent
occurence,however they have become more frequent and are depressing
me as I cant seem to focus on any increment adjustments on certain
tools and measurement apparatus.

What I would like to know is... any you chaps out there had this
symptom with your eyes and had the laser treatment done for this and
if so hows it been for you and did it clear up your vision to a
better standard before the op?

All the best and thanks.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

I had floaters forever it seems. In fact, most people have them to a
greater or lesser degree. My doctor said that the treatments should
only be done for extreme cases.
However, they went away after catarract surgery.

Jim

So 5 maybe 6 months after this surgey what was your vision like compared
before?

Any deteriation apart from the normal age process of sight?

My vision is incredibly better. I could, if I chose, drive without glasses;
before, I could not.

I was quite frankly surprised at how much the cataracts adversely affected
my eyesight. It took a few days to recover from the greatly increased
brightness.

A side benefit results from the the implants because they now correct my
vision for the nearsighted condition. Formerly, my eyes required a -11
diopter lens, but the implants correct include a -10 diopter correction
which leaves only -1 for the glasses. The new glasses are much much lighter
(and cheaper as well, it isn't easy to make -11 lenses).
Jim

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite