Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Slightly off topic.

I've constantly aquired the medical term(floaters) these floaters have been
with me over a couple of years but on a less frequent occurence,however
they have become more frequent and are depressing me as I cant seem to
focus on any increment adjustments on certain tools and measurement
apparatus.

What I would like to know is... any you chaps out there had this symptom
with your eyes and had the laser treatment done for this and if so hows it
been for you and did it clear up your vision to a better standard before
the op?

All the best and thanks.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Jim is offline

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
.uk...
I've constantly aquired the medical term(floaters) these floaters have
been
with me over a couple of years but on a less frequent occurence,however
they have become more frequent and are depressing me as I cant seem to
focus on any increment adjustments on certain tools and measurement
apparatus.

What I would like to know is... any you chaps out there had this symptom
with your eyes and had the laser treatment done for this and if so hows it
been for you and did it clear up your vision to a better standard before
the op?

All the best and thanks.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

I had floaters forever it seems. In fact, most people have them to a
greater or lesser degree. My doctor said that the treatments should only be
done for extreme cases.
However, they went away after catarract surgery.

Jim

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jim wrote:
[...]

So 5 maybe 6 months after this surgey what was your vision like compared to
before?

Any deteriation apart from the normal age process of sight?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to rec.woodworking

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
I've constantly aquired the medical term(floaters) these floaters have been
with me over a couple of years but on a less frequent occurence,however
they have become more frequent and are depressing me as I cant seem to
focus on any increment adjustments on certain tools and measurement
apparatus.

What I would like to know is... any you chaps out there had this symptom
with your eyes and had the laser treatment done for this and if so hows it
been for you and did it clear up your vision to a better standard before
the op?

All the best and thanks.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Yes I've had them. I had cataracts and had floaters after the surgury.
Laser treatment got rid of them.....took 5 minutes in a backroom...and
the only reason I didn't drive home was the fact the put in those drops
to dialate your pupil.

Hope this helps .

al

Posted to rec.woodworking

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
.uk...
I've constantly aquired the medical term(floaters) these floaters have
been
with me over a couple of years but on a less frequent occurence,however
they have become more frequent and are depressing me as I cant seem to
focus on any increment adjustments on certain tools and measurement
apparatus.

What I would like to know is... any you chaps out there had this symptom
with your eyes and had the laser treatment done for this and if so hows it
been for you and did it clear up your vision to a better standard before
the op?

I have had them since I was a young kid, early 60's. Eye strain makes them
worse. Perhaps a new prescription would help.

Posted to rec.woodworking

My sister had these as a side complication from diabetes.
What happens is you sit down and rest your head in a clamp thing and the doc
peers into your eyeball with his scope. Once he finds the spot he takes aim
and, zap the little capillary that was oozing blood into your eye is nailed
shut.

No pain, no problem.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
.uk...
I've constantly aquired the medical term(floaters) these floaters have

been
with me over a couple of years but on a less frequent occurence,however
they have become more frequent and are depressing me as I cant seem to
focus on any increment adjustments on certain tools and measurement
apparatus.

What I would like to know is... any you chaps out there had this symptom
with your eyes and had the laser treatment done for this and if so hows it
been for you and did it clear up your vision to a better standard before
the op?

All the best and thanks.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to rec.woodworking

########################

For some info on floaters, go he

http://www.curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=518&t=9006.759

Smitty

################################################## ############
Roger Shoaf wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Jim is offline

Jim wrote:
[...]

My vision is incredibly better. I could, if I chose, drive without glasses;
before, I could not.

I was quite frankly surprised at how much the cataracts adversely affected
my eyesight. It took a few days to recover from the greatly increased
brightness.

A side benefit results from the the implants because they now correct my
vision for the nearsighted condition. Formerly, my eyes required a -11
diopter lens, but the implants correct include a -10 diopter correction
which leaves only -1 for the glasses. The new glasses are much much lighter
(and cheaper as well, it isn't easy to make -11 lenses).
Jim

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 01:04:50 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote:

I had floaters forever it seems. In fact, most people have them to a
greater or lesser degree. My doctor said that the treatments should
only be done for extreme cases.
However, they went away after catarract surgery.

Jim

So 5 maybe 6 months after this surgey what was your vision like compared to
before?

Any deteriation apart from the normal age process of sight?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Can't say about the floaters, I just live with mine...

As to the cataract surgery, My mother had both eyes done, one when she was in
her early 80's and the other when she was 90, not exactly "quick heal/recovery"
age..

The first one had her reading the newspaper the NEXT day and the second one had
her being able to read addresses on the houses across the street!
I couldn't read the damn things with my glasses on..

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis
Posted to rec.woodworking

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in
.uk:

I've constantly aquired the medical term(floaters) these floaters have
been with me over a couple of years but on a less frequent
occurence,however they have become more frequent and are depressing me
as I cant seem to focus on any increment adjustments on certain tools
and measurement apparatus.

What I would like to know is... any you chaps out there had this
symptom with your eyes and had the laser treatment done for this and
if so hows it been for you and did it clear up your vision to a better
standard before the op?

All the best and thanks.

How about a do-it-yourself kit?

http://www.lasikathome.com/

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 23:59:39 GMT, Cothian wrote:

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in
o.uk:

I've constantly aquired the medical term(floaters) these floaters have
been with me over a couple of years but on a less frequent
occurence,however they have become more frequent and are depressing me
as I cant seem to focus on any increment adjustments on certain tools
and measurement apparatus.

What I would like to know is... any you chaps out there had this
symptom with your eyes and had the laser treatment done for this and
if so hows it been for you and did it clear up your vision to a better
standard before the op?

All the best and thanks.

How about a do-it-yourself kit?

http://www.lasikathome.com/

DAMN! I'm really hoping that site is for humor, but I tried the "order" page and
it really has one...

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis
Posted to rec.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 23:59:39 GMT, Cothian wrote:

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in
. co.uk:

I've constantly aquired the medical term(floaters) these floaters have
been with me over a couple of years but on a less frequent
occurence,however they have become more frequent and are depressing me
as I cant seem to focus on any increment adjustments on certain tools
and measurement apparatus.

What I would like to know is... any you chaps out there had this
symptom with your eyes and had the laser treatment done for this and
if so hows it been for you and did it clear up your vision to a better
standard before the op?

All the best and thanks.

How about a do-it-yourself kit?

http://www.lasikathome.com/

DAMN! I'm really hoping that site is for humor, but I tried the "order"
page and
it really has one...

And for just a hunnert dollars, you can be an eye sugeon! For an additional
$30 they will throw in a gen-u-wine doctor's diploma!

And the best part, you get to operate on yourself!!

This sounds so bad and swarmy.

It is either a complete fraud or it is outright dangerous.. Shouldn't
somebody notify the authorities?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
. ..

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 23:59:39 GMT, Cothian wrote:

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in
.co.uk:

[...]

You can't actually check out though...

Posted to rec.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote in message
[...]

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/lasikathome.asp

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 14:28:05 -0400, "Locutus" wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Good job on research...
thanks, I feel a bit better now... the idea of folks actually buying that thing
scared the hell out of me!