Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] adder1969@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default NTL TV Dilemma

Chris wrote:
Yes, that was the other reason we switched from NTL. The boxes are
appalling. It takes about 2 seconds to change channel, even on the programme
guide. It takes almost half an hour to flick through. When I press "up" or
"down", I expect it to respond now, not in 2 seconds. Completely
unacceptable.

Thats my experience of my Brothers NTL cable. The box is just awful,
really slow and locks up all the time. I bought a TV with an
integrated Digital tuner recently and thats far better than either his
NTL or my old OnDigital pioneer tuner.

It never was great but NTL is really slow since they "upgraded" the
service which as far as I can tell just reset my channel order. NTL
are very much a "take your money then tell you to sod off" kind of
company.

The other thing that I get is 1 second blackouts on the TV during most
shows.