Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP EricP is offline

Default NTL TV Dilemma

On 10 Oct 2006 07:10:45 -0700, "Chris"
wrote:

Christian McArdle wrote:
Go find a neighbour that has it and ask what it is like. Sky have done
more business from areas switched from analogue to digital, than they
dreamed of.

Yes, that was the other reason we switched from NTL. The boxes are
appalling. It takes about 2 seconds to change channel, even on the programme
guide. It takes almost half an hour to flick through. When I press "up" or
"down", I expect it to respond now, not in 2 seconds. Completely
unacceptable.

Thats my experience of my Brothers NTL cable. The box is just awful,
really slow and locks up all the time. I bought a TV with an
integrated Digital tuner recently and thats far better than either his
NTL or my old OnDigital pioneer tuner.

Its a Pioneer telly and the EPG and on screen info are both lag free,
much better than anything else I've used, the digital text seems better
than on my old box but still far inferior to teletext in terms of
speed. (Same with picture quality of digital terestrial imho)

My new Toshiba 32 inch is like that. The built in freeview box, even
knows we have an empty card slot and does not show those daft Topup
channels, so i don't have to delete the damn things from the list. It
also announces new channels automatically. The speed of working is far
better than a seperate box, it is like analogue channel changing.