David Knaack

Default Hobby shops with micro lathe and mill equipment?

Howdy,

I've been thinking about buying a micro lathe for some projects, but
it is a fairly large buy for something that I don't need all that
often. I'd like to find a hobby shop or somewhere that I can go learn
to use these micor lathes and mills so I can get a feel for how often
I'd use it, and what I really need.

Obviously accessability will depend on location, but I'm wondering if
this is something that is common, and what kinds of places I'd want to
look for to get access to this kind of equipment.

And on the off chance that someone might know about my area, I'm near
Omaha, Nebraska, so if you happen to know a place nearby lemme know.

Thanks!
DK