Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy Andy is offline

Default How to Finish Edge Where Wonderboard/Tile and Sheetrock Meet

I'm sorry, but I don't understand "the vertical cement board edge
should coer the rough horizontal drywall edge". Did you mean to say
overlap the horizontal edge of the cementboard over the rough
horizontal edge of the sheetrock? There also is a height difference.
The top of the tiles comes even with the top of the sheetrock.

Thanks again for your help.

Andy

dadiOH wrote:
Andy wrote:
I am redoing a standing stall shower. The walls in the shower are
going to be wonderboard, however, I am unclear how to finish the
edge where the tile meets the sheetrock of the ceiling outside the
shower. I have bull-nose but that will still leave a rough edge on
the sheetrock. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The vertical cement board edge should cover the rough horizontal
drywall edge; i.e. overlap it. The tile will then butt against the
DW. Or leave a bit open and grout.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...