Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] whit3rd@gmail.com is offline

Default Rip fence not square with table

wrote:
The sides of the rip fence of my Delta TS350 aren't perfectly
perpendicular to the table... the thing is welded together.

Well, nothing is ever perfect...

If the fence is well-built (sides parallel to each other), then you can
look for its
attachment point to the slide/lock mechanism and file the attachment
point
to change the tilt. If it's 'way out of plumb, shimming (adhesive to
hold the shim
in place) can work, too.

It's unlikely Delta or the dealer will be happy about swapping parts,
since the fence
is functional, but they might have some ideas; the slide/lock takes its
angular
orientation from some surfaces that ride on the rail, and those
surfaces might
have some adjustability that isn't obvious.

IMHO a user should sharpen all the chisels he uses, and tune all the
variables of
his tablesaw. I'm even a little disappointed that carbide blades
aren't home-resharpenable.