Posted to rec.woodworking
redbelly redbelly is offline

Default Rip fence not square with table

Toller wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
The sides of the rip fence of my Delta TS350 aren't perfectly
perpendicular to the table. Is there anything I can do about this?
There are no adjustment bolts, as the thing is welded together. Is it
reasonable to complain to Delta when the saw only cost $400?

I don't think I have ever done anything where a perfectly square fence would
matter. Generally the wood is held to the table, not the fence. There are
exceptions, like doing a raised panel on your saw, but certainly not common.

How off is it? I have never even check mine.

I think there's some ambiguity about what direction the OP means.
You're talking about the vertical part of the fence not being perp. to
the tabletop, which doesn't matter as you said. Everyone else is
talking about along the horizontal part of the fence, which should be
parallel to the blade and need not be perp. to the edge of the table.

Mark