Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul Andrews Paul Andrews is offline

Default NTL TV Dilemma

OK, I'm a cheapskate. We have NTLs analogue service. I'm thinking of going
digital.

The TV reception around here isn't fantastic, but maybe I could go freeview
with a new ariel and perhaps a booster.

I'd be happy to go digital with NTL, but this is what bothers me: Currently
we have an analogue box that feeds our DVD recorder and then goes onto the
TV. If the NTL box is set to one channel (say ITV2), we can still pick up
terrestrial TV. If we wen't digital, we'd be stuck with a single TV source
wouldn't we? This would prevent us from recording one channel while watching
another.

I understand I could get a second set top box from NTL, but I really don't
fancy paying £15 a month for that.

What do people do?

Paul