Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.local.london
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Waking up every day with insect bites on my legs

"James" wrote in message
In article . com,
wrote:

Should I buy some chemicals to nuke everything on the carpet?

A really thorough hoovering of carpet / skirting / matress followed by a
spraying of Acclaim (from vets). Some of the off the shelf sprays from
Tesco etc just don't have the guts to kill the little beggars.

Another way to convince yourself the fleas are there is to put some
plastic sheeting on the floor --- you'll hear them ping off it as they
jump up and hit it.

My mum used to put a (lit) nightlight in a saucer of water. The theory was
that the fleas jumped towards the heat and drowned.

We never had fleas as children so perhaps it did work.

Mary