Posted to uk.d-i-y
6 6 is offline

Default Fixing washing line

"Jim Scott" wrote in message
6.70...
I need to fix a washing line to a brick wall. I bought a big screw hook
intending to fit a big rawlplug in the mortar between bricks. The guy in
the shop said what I really want is what looks like a chrome plated 6"
nail
with a bent over end where the head would be.
I have got both so which do I use and do I just hammer the nail thing in
the mortar or drill a hole, or what?

Given that a line full of wet washing can be quite heavy I would use an eye
rawlbolt.

Just think of the earache you will get if it all falls on the ground just as
the missus if hanging out the last article ;-)