Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller Toller is offline

Default Rip fence not square with table

"Leon" wrote in message
et...

"Toller" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
The sides of the rip fence of my Delta TS350 aren't perfectly
perpendicular to the table. Is there anything I can do about this?
There are no adjustment bolts, as the thing is welded together. Is it
reasonable to complain to Delta when the saw only cost $400?

I don't think I have ever done anything where a perfectly square fence
would matter. Generally the wood is held to the table, not the fence.
There are exceptions, like doing a raised panel on your saw, but
certainly not common.

If you ever cut thick material with a rabbet on the upper side against the
fence the fence not being square to the table will cause problems if you
use the fence rule to set its distance from the blade.

That's true, but I have always cut rabbets as my last operation, so it
probably wouldn't come up much.